H19termPosted on: January 4, 2015, in All, Heathkit H8, Python
H19term aims to provide close to 100 percent software emulation of the Heathkit H19, also known as Zenith Z19, hardware video terminal.
It currently has the following features:
- Software bell – User configurable sound
- Heath mode
- Ansi mode
- Supports 25th line.
- Support all graphics characters.
- Custom font files for the Linux console, includes Raspberry Pi
- Serial Port logging.
- Help files available for ascii characters, CP/M quick help and user manual.
- Easily configurable in .h19termrc file
- Colour changing mode for Amber and Green or other colours.
- Help files directly inside h19term.
H19term is written in Python version 2.7. It won’t run in Python 3.x without some modifications.
You will also require the Pyserial package. The Pyserial home page is here if you want more information about it. You can install it with your standard package manager
See the h19-readme.txt file or go to the github page and scroll down.
As noted before Python should already be installed in most Linux distributions.